Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm a little behind on blogs for this special week, due to being sick a few days. I'm going to try to pick up where I left off and extended the posts into next week or longer if needed. I just hope someone will read them. :)

Day Four: 31st March. Where are they now?

Whatever happened to your __________?

Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.

A few years ago, I made a pair of black, fingerless gloves, mostly made during a thanksgiving trip to the in-laws. Now, working on a project with black yarn during a night car trip turn out to not work out so well. But, once we arrived and I had decent lighting, I was able to progress on them well. If I remember correctly, I was able to finish the first glove during the extended weekend at their house. Not too long after that, I finished the second glove. They turned out pretty well, a tad big for me, but that made them good for layering over one of the many pairs of cheap store bought gloves I had.

At some point, I left them out and my husband, not being able to find any of his gloves, grabbed them. And didn't give them back.... he had his excuses: “they're so nice”, “my hands get so cold”. And I did have an idea for a special pair for him, so I took some alpaca yarn - so they'd be nice and warm and I could get mine back – and made him his own pair.

While I was working on them, he lost my pair. Yes, he heard plenty about how he better not lose this new pair. Luckily, he didn't lose them completely. After a few days, his friend mentioned that the gloves had been left at his house. I finished the new gloves and my husband LOVED them. The next time my husband went to visit his friends, he got my gloves back. However, his friend had borrowed them a few times, while they were at his place, and he LOVED them. He wanted a pair of his own.

Sigh. Well, after 2 men had started wearing them, they were a little stretched out... I had been thinking of making myself a new pair... So, I gave them to him. Technically, I sold them to him. See, he's a professional male burlesque dancer. In payment, my husband is getting some lessons. Who says crochet isn't sexy? :D

Funniest part is that the gloves I made are from the Happy Hooker book. They're called Ladylike Lace Gloves. But, apparently, they should be called Menlike, because the men sure seem to like them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of them, but here's a pic of the new ones I made for my husband:


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment